Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Perfection

Reality smacked down fantasy--and it was wonderful. I confess to being *that* girl who takes the Gin Blossoms' lyrics to heart..."....if you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down..." I cheat. I hate to be disappointed and so I don't really aim to high. It's not that I always expect the worst, I just never believe I'll really get the best. This past weekend was a pleasant surprise as I was served straight up perfection.

We arrived at the spa with time to spare before our massage appointment and so we donned our suits and slipped into the hot tub. We then wrapped ourselves up in our robes and headed for the meditation room, closed our eyes and drifted away. We were soon greeted by our masseuse team and enjoyed a very relaxing massage. We finished off our visit with some wonderful hot tea and then packed up and headed for our room.

Hmmm... two and a half hours before we needed to leave to make our dinner reservation. We could take a dip in the pool or.....well, what would you do if it were just the two of you, sans kidlets, following a sensual massage, in a hotel room that promised no interruptions? *Exactly*

Dinner was beyond fabulous. Wonderful atmosphere, great service, to die for food. It was a night of firsts for lu. I had the first of what promises to be my new favorite drink, a Midori Sour and for dessert, a creme brulee topped with berries. We took our time. We talked. We laughed. We planned. We remembered. I got a little tipsy, cuz, well, I'm a very cheap date and one drink is all it takes.

After a leisurely dinner we headed for the theatre to see Sideways. We enjoyed it but didn't realize beforehand that it was a black comedy. What? I didn't know Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence were in that. Uh, no stupid:

"Black comedy is otherwise known as black humour and possibly first appeared in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s in American literature. It is a dark comedy (hence black) and finds great humour in what most people regard as inappropriate subject matter. Black comedy mocks serious topics such as death and religion and makes fun out of various organised, logical aspects of our everyday existence. It is often grotesque and morbid"


The poster for Kingdom of Heaven was up and S commented that he was excited to see the film and was curious as to who was starring in it.

Me: Uh, honey, that's Orlando Bloom right there on the poster, larger than life.

Him: No way. I don't think it's anybody famous.

Me: It's Orlando Bloom

Him: Nope. Doesn't look anything like him. If not for anything else, you could rule him out as that is *definitely* not his nose.

Me: It is Orlando Bloom

Him: You need to stop smokin crack. I think you had one Midori Sour too much

Me: I only had one Midori Sour

Him: Exactly

Me: Whatever. That is Orlando Bloom

Him: OK, If you are right, I'll make sure you have 10 orgasms...

Me: Hmmm...we are talking about a 24 hour window, right?

Him: Yep, but doesn't matter because that is not Orlando Bloom

Me: Ooohhh, I can't wait to get on the internet and prove you wrong.

Needless to say, we are gonna have to cash in some of our I.O.U. babysitting certificates in order for me to collect my due. S doesn't seem to be too upset about his loss...probably cuz he knows he can knock it out in 3.5 sessions--I'm talented that way.

After the movie, we were tired, but content when we stumbled back into our room after midnight. As promised, our room had a wonderfully deep roman tub which I filled with lavender and surrounded with jasmine scented candles. We had a long, nice soak and then fell into our king sized bed. We actually got to spoon in the absence of J squooshed in between us.

It was perfection.

5 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Okay, so first of all I've gone from being mildy jealous of your trip to flat out hating you. That day just sounds way too perfect.

Second, that movie is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to this Spring. It's a Ridley Scott film, and he's my favorite director. The trailer which you can find online, is absolutely amazing.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Snidget said...

What a FANTASTIC trip!!!

and I love midori sours as well.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Midori has always been one of my favorites, and creme brulee - orgasmic.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Aussie Shiraz said...

It sounds divine, I am so envious, creme brulee is a particular weakness of mine. You take care.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home