Thursday, February 17, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Here's the thing. My birthday is the day after Valentines Day and so I usually get gypped. The men in my life have always taken advantage of their good fortune and given me two-two-gifts-in-one---you know, one card, one gift, that says I love you and oh, by the way, happy birthday too.

Well, not this year!! My sweetie did it up right. It all started on Friday night when he arranged for a sitter, we got all spiffy, went out to dinner and grown-up drinks and finished the evening off by snuggling up in the theater and watching Million Dollar Baby. At the restaurant, he surprised me with a card that explained I was to receive one gift for the next four days...my five day Valentine and birthday celebration. Now, that's what I'm talkin about. He then presented me with my first gift:


Saturday morning I woke up, rubbed the sleepies out of my eyes, pulled on the hubbies baggy t-shirt, and stumbled to answer the front door. Who the hell rings your doorbell at 9AM on a Saturday morning? Glad you asked:



Cleanliness is next to godliness:

Day three of the valibirthday celebration was still in full swing. Guys, wanna know the real way to a woman's heart? Pay someone else to clean her toilets, mop her floors, and exterminate the dust bunnies. I checked my email on Sunday to find an ecard waiting for me with the news that I am now the ecstatic recipient of a bimonthly visit from a cleaning service. Woo-freakin-hoo!

Only a little spoiled:

So, how does one top a box of Godiva truffles, a dozen gorgeous, long stemmed, red roses, the gift of having someone else clean your toilets, and a heartfelt, seriously guaranteed to get your groove on cd compilation?

S wrapped up my valibirthday celebration by arranging someone to cover him at the hospital so that he could drive the 90 miles over to my part of town to share my special day with me. He apologetically offered up this to me:



Him: I'm not promising anything as far as my cake baking ability goes

Me: Oh, I'm sure it's yummy. You used a mix, no? *He knows my all time favorite cake is Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix topped with store bought Milk Chocoalte Frosting*

Him: Yeah, but I'm sure there is even a way to mess that up

Me: Cutting into the cake only to be met with some serious resistance as the knife hit the center What the hell?

Him: laughing You might have to get a little messy to get in there and find out what's going on

Me: Heart beating a little faster...You baked something into the cake?

Look what was excavated: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I can't stop smiling.

7 Comments:

Blogger GraceD said...

Whoadude! That's some kinda rock! Happy, happy birthday to you, Lulu, a blogger most fabu!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Um, wow! You're going to be all blingerific. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday stint - but tell S that it's birthday MONTH.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP, ummmm, can I come over & skate on it later?!?!? GOOD LORD! The thing is HUGE!!!!!

It's GORGEOUS! And he IS doin' things right. Well done.

Love you!

xo Gwen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

xo Ging

7:42 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Talk about doing it right! Wow...

I'm impressed, and happy for you. Happy Birthday!

Now how's he going to top it next year?

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Bob said...

My birthday is on Valentine's Day. We usually celebrate my bday on another day because I found V-day for her trumped my b-day every time!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everybody sing along

5:12 PM  
Anonymous knives said...

Happy Birthday To Me!

Hey lulu, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fantasy knife Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
fantasy knife related stuff.

Come and check out fantasy knife if you get time, Nice going !

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home