Thursday, January 27, 2005

Dumped!

Although she assures me that "it's not me, it's her" and that "this has been coming for some time", I still can't believe it's over. I mean, I feel like we have just now really established our intimacy....that she gets me. After an almost year long relationship, me pouring my heart out to her, divulging all my inner demons, my fears and insecurities, my hopes and dreams, ...I have driven my therapist into retirement. She's promised to see me three more times before completely washing her hands of me. I can't help but feel like this is merely break up sex...you know one last time to remember me by.

God, I hate this. Finding a therapist is a lot like dating. Have I mentioned how much I hate dating? It sucks. Remember the scene in When Harry Met Sally where their two friends are snuggling in bed together and the woman says, "Promise me I'll never have to be out there again" ? That is so me. Now I have to get back out there and not only find someone new I can click with but at the same time, I have to start.all.over so that they can grasp the complexity which is lu.

Why oh why can't I ever just find someone who will stick with me for the long haul? I want a true commitment, damn it! Where's a girl gotta go to find devotion? I feel so used.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth Fish said...

Go for a young one. Also, I went through a string of years where my gynecologists kept leaving the state. I was starting to think it was me.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Snidget said...

Sister... if my therapist up and retired on me I would be having some panic attacks.

And I expect it will happen soon... she's over 60... I love my little Jewish therapist. She calls me bubeleh and everything!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, no! Lu, I'm so sorry. That sucks.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

I've had a therapist retire on me - it wasn't fun. But I was able to find someone actually better. So there's hope. I wish you luck!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home