Friday, November 19, 2004

Ouch!



One of the great ironies of the co-parenting schedule that my baby's daddy (that makes me feel so deliciously white trash) and I share is that one of my kid free weekends coincides with the arrival of, all things being right in the world, my period. My friend with benefits is well aware of this and the sabbatical that comes as a result of my feeling very non-sexual during Aunt Flo's visit. Nevertheless, he thinks I have a great personality and still finds the idea of hanging out with me attractive even without the promise of me rocking his world. So we made plans to get together on Saturday evening and watch a movie.

As a result of a very stressful week, Aunt Flo's train was delayed and we were treated to a bonus night. After a fantabulous sleepover, I woke to find that my pal had been awake for some time and was watching me sleep. What the hell??!! He then proceeds to breathe out in a heavy whisper:

"Beautiful"....

me: Don't do that.

him: Don't do what? I said, bowlfull...bowl full of Froot Loops, please...

We laughed it off, but I am more than a little taken aback. I just can't handle this. This....tenderness. He wants to do things like rake my leaves and clean out my garage. Uh, no. He better damn well not be falling in love with me. I do *not* love him. Maybe I have been kidding myself....wanting to believe that it was possible to pull this off. I cannot handle the possibility that I might break someone's heart. I have called a time out. He doesn't know this yet as I'm too much of a coward to tell him...yet. I told him that I was going to have the girls for the next few weeks because my ex is visiting relatives for the holidays. How bad is that?

Sex is complicated--who knew?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and it causes effing babies!!!!! I just found out. Pass it on.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Oh, I remember the whole collision of kid-free weekends and the arrival of that lovely monthly visitor - especially when you're involved with someone who's also really into you and you can count on one hand the available opportunities you'll have in a month.

(Well, maybe two hands. And yeah, I'm leaving out all of the 'supposedly unavailable' opportunities that managed to be suddenly available. Hee.)

Now that it doesn't much matter and the someone has moved on (grrrr - this 'not much mattering' phase better be temporary, it better be), I find that it's no longer an issue. As in, my calendar shifted away from the kid-free calendar.

Damn.

How much do you want to bet that it'll shift back (or we'll adjust the kid-free schedule) once it starts mattering again?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Snidget said...

I have a hard time taking a compliment as well. I just spent a weekend with a guy that kept calling me "sexy".

I was like.. man... do you see the wrinkles... do you see the saddle bags? Sexy, my ass.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I keep trying to respond to this post and my computer won't send it. Ahhh!

Anyway, I'll call you this coming weekend. Anything I type seems just wrong.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

"sex is complicated" yes, unless you're a teenager, then it's just mind altering pain. Wow, that was special wasn't it. Even being married, sex confuses me. When will it end?

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home